Prerequisite: Beginner’s Course or equivalent
The Post-Beginner’s Course requires experience with ATS taught by Miasma or the equivalent experience at another studio. (Introductory workshops, intro classes, etc.) New variations on the basic vocabulary of movements, combinations and cues of ATS will be introduced and more work will begin on dancing in duets as well as more complex formations. Each class students will continue to learn new dance vocabulary with cues, work on developing good core strength and dance posture, review previous class materials, as well as practice group improvisational dancing.
Post-Beginner’s Course Syllabus:
- Week 1 – Walking Taxeem & Walking Body-wave, Reverse Taxeem, Arabic Hip Twist Flourish, Drill Formations.
- Week 2 – Turkish Shimmy with 1/4 turn & 1/2 turn, Arabic Shimmy, Arabic Shimmy with Arms & Turns (ASWAAT) , Review/drill formations.
- Week 3 – Shoulder Shimmy Hip Drop, Arabic with Double Turn, Roundhouse, Chorus, Review/drill formations.
- Week 4 – Camel Walk, Arc Arms, Arabic Hip Twist & 1/2 Turn, Fade, Review/drill formations/chorus.
- Week 5 – Head Slides, The Rainbow, Arabic Hip Twist Flourish, Fade & Circle, Review/drill formations/chorus.
- Week 6 – Ghawazee Shimmy Combo, Sunanda, Loco Camel, Review/drill formations/chorus.
- Week 7 – Single Bump with 1/2 Turn, Egyptian Full Turn, Medusa 1, Review/drill formations/chorus.
- Week 8 – ASWAAT Fade & Circle , Rib-cage Rotation, Triple Egyptian, Review/drill formations/chorus.
- Week 9 – Up 2 Down 3, Military Zil Pattern, Resham-ka, Pulse Turn, Review/drill formations/chorus.
- Week 10 – Push Forward & Back, TSWAAT Circle, Dragonfly, Review/drill formations/chorus.
Appointment for this class
- Wednesday, 7:00 pm - 8:15 pmBelly Dance Instructor Katrina Keane